SECURE YOUR FUTURE WHILE SECURING THEIRS.
The Springfield Police Department has a strong relationship with the community, built on a foundation of transparency and mutual respect. We are committed to providing quality service to our community through personal integrity, fairness, open communication and a helpful attitude.
ENJOY THE LIFE YOU WANT
Springfield, Missouri has everything you need.
You can fast-track your career, afford the home you’ve always wanted, shorten your commute, and lose yourself in the natural beauty. One of the major factors attracting people to the Ozarks is the surprisingly low cost of living. With an average home sales price of $161,703, people from across the U.S. are often astonished by the amount of home they can purchase here for a relatively low cost. Whether you’re investing in a home or simply buying groceries, clothing or gas, your money stretches farther here.
COST OF LIVING
One of the major factors attracting people to the Ozarks is the surprisingly low cost of living.
|SPRINGFIELD vs NATIONAL AVERAGE
DO I QUALIFY?
- Currently certified as a law enforcement officer. If not currently certified in the state of Missouri, with a Missouri P.O.S.T. Class A Peace Officer License, candidates may be allowed to complete written, physical and oral testing. However, Missouri Class A certification must be obtained prior to starting the lateral academy. (Contact Missouri P.O.S.T. at 573-751-4905 to find out how to get your Class A or visit the Missouri P.O.S.T. website).
- Must have a minimum of two years full-time civilian law enforcement experience in any state, within the last five years. Primary duties must include responding to calls for service, conducting preliminary and/or follow-up investigations of crimes, responding to traffic accidents, and apprehending, detaining and arresting suspects.
- High school diploma or GED
- U.S. citizen.
- 21 years of age at commission.
- No felony convictions.
- No domestic violence convictions.
- Can pass a psychological and physical exam and background check.
- May not have more than one DWI conviction; and no DWI conviction in past three years
- May not have been at fault in more than one traffic accident in the past twelve months.
- No objectionable tattoos and no head, face or neck tattoos
APPLY FOR TEST (Requires creating an account)
UPCOMING TEST DATES
3/22/24 • 4/26/24 • 5/31/24
Full salary scale: $51,916 - $80,516.
Each year, with a satisfactory evaluation, Officers receive a pay increase.